A remanufactured engine is useful because on average it costs 25% to 50% less than buying new. In addition to this, a reman engine is guaranteed to operate as good as or better than a new engine.
What is Reman?
The Remanufacturing Industries Council defines Remanufacturing as:
“Remanufacturing is a comprehensive and rigorous industrial process by which a previously sold, worn, or non-functional product or component is returned to a ‘like-new’ or ‘better-than-new’ condition and warranted in performance level and quality. Remanufacturing is not the same as ‘recycling’ or ‘repairing’.”
Why are reman engines useful?
A remanufactured engine is useful because on average it costs 25% to 50% less than buying new. In addition to this, a reman engine is guaranteed to operate as good as or better than a new engine. The remanufacturing process returns the engine to OEM specifications and dimensional tolerances while allowing for implementation of updates, engineering changes and improvements from the original designs.
What is the reman process?
The remanufacturing process begins by disassembling each component all the way down to individual parts. From there, each part is cleaned and brought back to OEM specifications. Only genuine OEM or OEM validated parts are used in a remanufactured engine. Each reman engine is then thoroughly tested and has to pass strict quality control guidelines before being sold. Check out our sister companies testing and QC standards here: https://www.srcreman.com/quality-testing/
What are the types of engines that we like to buy?
GRC specializes in agricultural, industrial and over the road diesel engines. We buy John Deere, Case IH, New Holland, Cummins, Caterpillar and Detroit cores and surplus engines. However, oftentimes we will carry other brands.
What are the benefits of a reman engine?
- Lower cost of ownership.
- OEM quality or better with only OEM or OEM validated parts used.
- Sustainable form of recycling. Better for the environment
A few of our reman engines
6BTA5.9-R Cummins 6BTA 5.9L Long Block – REMAN$5,670.00
- Part No.: 6BTA5.9-R
- Family: Engine
- Group: Long Block
- SKU: 156519472510
- Serial No.: 21143654
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Horsepower: 180
- Industry: Industrial
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Component Model: 6BTA 5.9
- Displacement: 5.9
- OEM: Cummins
- OEM Part Number: 3909464
- Condition: REMAN
- Images: http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8449.JPG, http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8450.JPG, http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8452.JPG, http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8451.JPG, http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8453.JPG, http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8448.JPG, http://criteriagrc.srcreclaim.com/gi/6BTA5.9-R/images/IMG_8444.JPG
- Main Image: http://grc.srcreclaim.com/site_images/156519472510/IMG_8449.JPG